Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Passing the torch...

Hey folks, Funke here...

Just thought I'd drop a note to the community to let you know I'm handing off NCNCA Cyclocross Website duties and stepping down as the main content editor and webmaster of the NCNCA CX site. Injuries have forced me to quit racing cyclocross and my time is at a premium with a new job and family duties, so I need to move on.

I've got someone else doing my dirty work for me - I think that person will reveal himself to you shortly...

Anyhow, it's been great being part of the scene these last few years - I have been fortunate to have met so many of you over the years and I really enjoy what the Nor-Cal scene has to offer in the way of racing and just plain fun.

I'll be checking in from time-to-time, and hopefully so will some of our guest bloggers. Keep an eye out for new content from our new content-master...he's super-excited for the job.

Have a great season, y'all.

Farewell,

-John Funke

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

THANKS JOHN!

1:31 AM  
Anonymous blackmarket racing said...

Thanks John! When so much gets accomplished in the background, people often forget how much goes into it all. Thank you for doing so much for the sport, even though you could no longer participate yourself. I know you'll be checking in on all of us from time to time. See you on the sidelines at a few...

9:17 AM  
Blogger Benny "Toes" Dodge said...

Thanks John! I'm glad I got to race with you at least a few times. It's sad to see you have to leave the sport. We'll see you around!

1:21 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

Funke - you have always been one of the most talented riders I know. I'm sure those talents extend beyond the CX scene and wherever you put your focus will be the better for it.
Thanks for everything, stay in touch

12:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks funke-monkey! You were great on and off the bike!

7:14 AM  
Blogger Justin Morgan said...

awww, Funke! I was retired during most of your glory years as editor-in-chief of the ncnca cx page. I hope your back gets better so we can duel once again.

cheers

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will be missed on and off the race circuit!

Bon Voyage!

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home